The Ethical Consumer - A Global PerspectiveLeatherhead Food Research
December 1, 2007
194 Pages - SKU: LET1637738
Additional InformationIn recent years, a number of ethical issues have become apparent within the world’s food and drinks industry. These are having an increasing impact upon purchasing and consumption patterns in the developed regions of North America and Western Europe in particular. In addition to taking a greater interest in the food they eat, consumers in these parts of the world are also becoming increasingly mindful of the impact upon the environment their consumption patterns may have.
This new report from LFI examines the main ethical issues such as organic and Fairtrade, and analyses how the markets have developed over the last decade. In most instances, growth for these sectors has outpaced the industry as a whole, whilst new areas such as sustainably-sourced seafood are now opening up.
- Analysis of current and future trends in the ethical foods market
- Comparisons with the mainstream food and drinks market worldwide
- Analysis of the world’s major suppliers
- Discussion of key product innovations
- Forecasts up to 2010
- Track developments in a growing and dynamic market
- Gain an understanding of consumer attitudes towards prevailing ethical issues
- Assess the competitive situation in each market sector
- Keep up to date with latest new product activity
- Identify future areas of opportunity
- Leading Suppliers of Ethical Foods, 2006-2007
- Important Ethical Issues in the UK, 2006
- Purchasing of Organic Foods in the US, 2006
- Production of Organic Milk in Western Europe, 2006
- Global Organic Baby Foods Market by Value, 2006
- UK Organic Breakfast Cereals Market by Value, 2002-2006
- Innovations in the UK Organic Confectionery Market, 2006-2007
- Global Fairtrade Foods Market by Sector, 2006
- Sector Shares of European Fairtrade Foods Market by Value, 2006
- US Fairtrade Imports by Sector, 2006
- Levels of Vegetarianism in Western Europe, 2006
- US Meat Alternatives Market by Value, 2002-2006
- Global Free-Range Eggs Market by Value, 2006
- French Label Rouge Poultry Market by Value, 2002-2006
- Global MSC Fish & Seafood Market by Value, 2005-2006
More Global Food & Beverage reports
Tomorrow’s Big Spenders: The Global Student Market by Euromonitor International
The global student base is expanding, as young people choose higher education in the face of an increasingly competitive job market. Whilst rising tuition and ...
Global Trends and Consumption Demographics in Soft and Hot Drinks by Canadean Ltd
Product Synopsis This report offers a completely fresh look at consumer’s Soft and Hot Drink habits, allowing marketers to understand people’s consumption patterns like ...
World Consumer Income and Expenditure Patterns 2013 by Euromonitor International
World Consumer Income and Expenditure Patterns is a valuable reference book if you wish to know how much people earn and how they spend their ...
From Traditional to PostModern : The Evolution of Soft Drink Drinking Habits by Euromonitor InternationalSee all reports like this >>
Soft drinks consumption habits are in constant evolution, ranging from traditional to modern and postmodern. Consumer demand is changing around the world, with each country ...
We can help you find what you need. Call us or write us:
Need help in your search?
Food & Beverage Reports
- The Food and Drink Shopping Experience - US - February 2013
- Global Trends and Consumption Demographics in Soft and Hot Drinks
- Snack Preferences of the Black Consumer - US, September 2012
- Reasons for Alcohol Avoidance Among Non-Drinkers Analyzer
- From Traditional to PostModern : The Evolution of Soft Drink Drinking Habits