The report titled “Thailand Medical Tourism Industry Outlook to 2015” provides a comprehensive analysis of the Thailand Medical tourism industry covering in detail various aspects such as market size on the basis of number of foreign patients, revenue from foreign patients, market segmentation, competitive landscape and market share of the major hospitals treating foreign patients in the country. The report also entails major drivers and growth barriers of medical tourism market.
The future outlook along with projections and macro-economic factors has also been presented providing an insight on the prospects in the medical tourism industry.
The total number of foreign patients has increased from ~ thousand in 2005 to ~ thousand in 2010. Factors such as international accreditation, updated technology, highly qualified medical personnel and affordable costs have contributed to the growth of this industry. Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Koh Samui and Phuket are touted as the epicenter of health care services in Thailand and have become the hub for medical tourism.
Thailand is one of major health tourism destination for international patients especially for the Middle East with the high class medical technology, low cost treatments and enriching tourist experience. The country has registered the largest foreign patients’ arrivals from UAE which accounted for ~% of the total foreign patients in 2010.
Bumrungrad Hospital is the leader in Thailand in terms of the foreign patients treated with the market share of ~% in 2010. The hospital treated ~ international patients in 2010 from 190 countries and generated USD ~ million revenues from foreign patients. Bangkok Dusit Medical Services is the second largest foreign patients treating hospital in Thailand which served over ~ international patients in 2010 and recorded international patients’ revenue of USD ~ million
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- Number of Foreign Patients and Revenue from Foreign Patients, 2005-2010
- Foreign Patients by Nationality, 2010
- Major drivers and growth barriers of medical tourism in Thailand
- Market Share and Competitive Landscape of Major Hospitals including Bumrungrad Hospital, Bangkok Dusit Medical Services, Piyavate Hospitals, 2010
- Future outlook along with future projections on number of foreign patients treated in the country along with the receipts, 2011-2015
- Historical and projections of industry factors including number of tourist arrivals and receipts and healthcare expenditure, 2005-2015