The report titled “South Korea Solar Photovoltaic Market Outlook to 2015” provides a comprehensive analysis on various aspects such as On-Grid and Off-Grid Cumulative and Annual Installed Capacity, PV power per capita, market segmentation and competitive landscape of the major players operating in the country. The report also entails the SWOT analysis of solar PV market in South Korea.
The future outlook presented the base case, conservative case and aggressive case scenario factor analysis providing an insight on the prospects in the solar PV cumulative and annual installed capacity for the country.
South Korea as a country has made swift economic progress over the years. The government is focused on achieving growth in the area of solar cell and module manufacturing. The growth in the region is well supported by government’s initiative in the form of feed-in-tariffs and various other incentives in the form of subsidies. South Korea has made conscious efforts with respect to increasing exports and reducing imports of PV products. Technological innovations have also helped the country in becoming a competent cell manufacturer. The government with its liberal trade policies has encouraged PV growth in the country and various local players have utilized the domestic advantages to increase the production.
Over the years though, the cumulative annual installed capacity has increased from 36 MW in 2006 to 357 MW in 2008. In year 2009 and 2010, annual installed capacity registered a set back with less installations. The cumulative installed capacity reached 655 MW in 2010.
The best case scenario indicates that along with the effective home grown technology, the government will reinforce the tariff incentives for large scale solar projects including residential rooftop projects resulting in the phenomenal growth in the number of installations. The cumulative installed capacity in this scenario is expected to increase to ~ MW in 2011. By 2015, the cumulative installed capacity will grow to ~ MW at an expected 5 year CAGR of 27.3%.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The feed-in-tariffs introduced in the country and their effect on the solar PV market
- The annual and cumulative PV installations along with PV power per capita in the country from 2006-2010
- Future Outlook on the basis of assumed scenarios i.e. base case, worst case and aggressive case on cumulative installed capacity, annual installed capacity and PV power per capita, from 2011-2015
- SWOT analysis of the solar PV industry and Macro Economic Environment in the country
- Competitive Landscape of the various players operating in the country.