The report titled “Egypt Real Estate Market Outlook to 2013” discusses in details various aspects of the Egypt’s real estate market with the focus on the competition and impelling demand for real estate properties by the domestic population. The report covers the comprehensive analysis on the market size of the real estate sector in Egypt on the basis of supply and contribution of the real estate sector to the economy of the country, market segmentation, competitive landscape and company profiles of major developers operating in Egypt. The report also entails the SWOT analysis of the real estate sector in Egypt. The future projections and outlook provide an insight on the future growth drivers and challenges in the real estate sector of Egypt.
Egypt real estate market in the midst of global economic unrest has showcased a sustainable performance as compared to the other countries in the Middle East, who have been trying to overcome the prevailing market and economic conditions. A consistent increase in the demand for housing units has been recorded over the years, which has surpassed the supply due to the growing need for housing facilities to accommodate an increasing population. In addition, the traditional approach of the Egyptians, to hold their properties rather than selling it during odd economic conditions along with the conservative mortgage market have restricted the country’s real estate market’s exposure to the global economic slowdown.
The residential real estate segment of Egypt is one of the major contributors to the country’s real estate market. The residential segment is characterized by the burgeoning domestic demand due to an increasing young domestic population which desire to own a residential property. Apparently, it is the growing demand for mid end and affordable housing unit which has propelled the residential segment of the market.
In 2010, around ~% of the market has been contributed by the office segment which is majorly prevalent in the central part of Cairo. A major share of the demand for office spaces in the country arises from the international companies who expand their operations in the country.
Over the years, the country has emerged as a preferred destination for tourists due to its varied tourism platforms, which in turn has proved to be a determinant factor in the contribution of the retail and the hotel segment of the real estate market in Egypt. In fact, Egypt’s rich tourism platform has played a predominant role in driving the retail and the hotel segment of the real estate market. It was recorded that around ~% of the country’s GDP was contributed by the tourism industry in 2010, which showcases the potential of the retail and the hotel real estate segment in the past and the near future.
The real estate market in Egypt is dominated by few major players who contribute around ~% of the total revenue of the market in 2010. Of these, Talaat Moustafa Group Holdings (TMG) with contribution of ~% leads the share due to the company’s successful project execution track and a strong brand name.
The real estate market in Egypt will continue its regime as one of the most attractive real estate destination in the Middle East in terms of long term investment opportunities as a result of better economic conditions and less dependence of the real estate sector on the foreign tourists.
The market is expected to complete fresh projects of ~ thousand square meters of GLA by 2013 to cater to an increasing requirement of the growing demand generated predominantly by the domestic population.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The market size of the real estate sector in Egypt on the basis of total supply and the contribution of the sector to the GDP of the economy, 2005-2010.
- Market segmentation of the Egypt real estate market by residential, office, retail and hotel on the basis of total supply, 2005-2010
- Recent trends and developments of the Egypt real estate market
- SWOT analysis of the Egypt real estate market
- Market share of the major real estate developers operating in Egypt, 2010
- Company profiles of leading developers in the real estate market in Egypt
- Future outlook and projections of the supply of residential, office, retail and hotel spaces, 2011-2013
- Cause and effect relationship analysis between industry factors and expected industry prospects in the Egypt real estate market
- Historical and future forecast of several macro-economic and industry factors including Population, GDP, number of tourist arrivals, inflation and Housing finance