Online gaming sector is growing globally though it is facing some restrictions in varied countries as technology is evolving, leaving a significant impact on the industry. The global online gaming market has grown at a CAGR of 18.21% during the period 2002-2010. Europe stands on top, accounting for the largest market share of the global online gaming market, closely followed by North America.
Asia-Pacific is offering many opportunities and strong potential for the gambling industry. Macau is the leading gambling hub in APAC region. In 2009, Asian casinos grew by 3.41% and showed positive growth in the first half of 2010 (2.88%) as compared to the same period last year. In China, sports lottery accounted for 41.88% of the total lottery market while welfare lottery contributed 58.12%. Macau gaming industry is developing with a strong growth rate compared to other Asian countries driven by rising number of tourist arrivals and growing middle class income level.
Rising income level in middle class along with growing trend of working women has worked as a driving factor for casino and gaming industry in Asia Pacific. Casino industry in the region was even resilient in the phase of recession and showed a positive performance in 2009.
The report on “Asia-Pacific Casino and Gaming Sector - Focus on China and Macau” includes a detailed study of casino and gaming industry performance in overall region. The report further discusses the industry environment in Macau, China, Singapore, and New Zealand. We have analyzed industry with segmentations and trends prevailing in the market. The report also includes Global, China and Macau casino and gaming industry forecast. Additionally, we have discussed cause and effect relationship of macroeconomic and industry factors on the industry providing the basis for the future outlook.Key Findings
Scope of the Report
- For the period 2004-2009, the global gambling industry recorded a CAGR of 3.58%. The industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.91%, 2010-2015.
- The global online gaming market has grown at a CAGR of 18.21% during the period 2002-2010. The market was estimated to be around USD ~ billion in 2010.
- In 2009, Asian casinos grew by 3.41% and showed positive growth in the first half of 2010 (2.88%) as compared to the same period last year.
- Singapore casino revenue grew by 29.72% compared to results in 2009. The industry is expected to reach USD 6.68 billion by 2015.
- The annual lottery revenue in China expanded with a CAGR 27.38% from 2000-2010. In welfare lottery, computer ticket games accounted for 73% of total welfare lottery sales. The China’s lottery market is estimated to reach USD 46.0 billion by 2015, registering a CAGR of 11.06% from 2010. The sales of computer ticket games is expected to grow by CAGR of 4.43% during 2008-2012.
- Revenue in Macau casino sector increased to 56.5% in 2010 compared to the last year, driven by the increase in number of visitors and strengthening of the Chinese economy. Macau casino and gaming revenue will grow 20.48% in 2011 to reach USD ~ billion and will further grow at a CAGR of 15.77% by 2015.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the Asia Pacific Casino and Gaming Industry including insights on market past performance, demand by segmentation and geography, present analyses and future outlook of the industry.
- The report discusses regulatory environment in different countries of Asia Pacific and also assess the industry trends and developments.
- Discusses industry players positioning and market share which helps to assess scope for new and existing players.
- This research report helps the domestic and international players looking for potential segment in the industry.
- Present report provides a detailed description of casino and gaming industry in China, Singapore and Macau, which will help to analyze scope in different segments of the industry.