DNA Microarrays are utilized heavily by research labs for a number of tasks such as gene profiling, RNA detection and SNP analysis. But as Kalorama Information's DNA Market Trends report indicates, the market for these systems is about to experience change. The report authored by Kalorama Information biotech analyst Justin Saeks, is the result of surveys carried out with microarray labs to determine the current state of the microarray market and attempt to predict the future direction of the technologies.
As part of the survey , analyst Justin Saeks contacted 114 labs worldwide (76% U.S.) to determine the current usage of the DNA microarrays, system installs and future purchases, as well as where they will intersect with next-generation sequencing. The following represents the types of data the survey addressed and this report provides:
- Number and brand of Microarry systems owned
- Fluidics stations and/ or Hybridization Ovens Used
- Applications Run Most Often
- Chips Run Most, Samples Run Per Month
- Catalog Arrays versus Commercial or In-house Custom Arrays
- Outsourcing of Microarray Samples
- What Microarray Features, or Steps in the Sequencing Process Labs Would Like to Change
- Main Bottlenecks in Microarray Process
- Lab-Identified Challenges of Data Analysis and Data Management
- Applications with an Increase in Samples from 2011 - 2013?
- How Labs expect Next-generation Sequencing to Affect the Usage of Microarrays
- Sample Preparation Products Used
- Future Purchase Plans and Time-Frames
Respondents were asked what type of brands they use or plan to use, types of applications run most commonly with each brand, and their future purchase plans. Products of the following companies are among the survey results in this report:
- Molecular Devices/ Axon
- NimbleGen/ MAUI
- SciGene HyBex
- Array-Pro Analyzer
- GenePix Pro
- Rosetta Resolver
- GMP Genomics
- Pacific Biosciences
- Ion Torrent
The report contains real insights from customers using DNA Microarry products and next-generation sequencers and conclusions from an analyst who has covered the market for sequencers, SNPs, gene expression and other devices for years. It is essential for anyone marketing microarray products and also useful for companies marketing sequencing products who would like to know the status of their products in the market.
All Kalorama reports advertise the single user price. Use is limited to one user. We also feature department and global pricing for reports that we be utilized by more than one user at your company. Please consult ask your sales representative or select the correct license on our website.
For Kalorama's take on the healthcare news of the week, based on our analysis of healthcare markets, follow Kalorama Information's Key Point Blog at http://kaloramakeypoint.blogspot.com/