2014 Wind Turbine Order Intake - Siemens Leads the Market Due to Growth in Offshore Activity
Annual wind capacity additions are expected to reach a record high of 48 Gigawatts (GW) in 2014, having grown at a rate of 28% from 37.4 GW in 2013. Siemens, Vestas, GE, Gamesa and Acciona signed the largest volume of publically announced firm contracts for wind turbines in H1 2014 (until June 23). Siemens signed 2,001 Megawatts (MW) of wind turbine contracts, followed by Vestas with 1,281 MW, GE with 778 MW, Gamesa with 672 MW, and Acciona with 588 MW. Of Siemens’ figure, 1,002 MW comprised offshore wind, such as a 600 MW supply-only contract for Project Gemini in the Netherlands and a 402 MW turnkey contract for Dudgeon East offshore wind farm in the UK. This level of activity has helped it to become the largest company in terms of publically announced firm contracts for wind turbines in 2014 so far. Siemens and Alstom were the only turbine manufacturers to sign contracts for offshore wind turbines in H1 2014 (until June 23), of which Siemens accounted for 97.1% and Alstom for the remaining 2.9%. Siemens’ strong performance in the offshore wind sector is supporting its overall wind business, in which it has the highest order backlog of its competitors.
The report provide insights on the wind turbine order intakes of leading companies in H1 2014.
It details some of the leading companies, their order intakes and key contracts signed by them in 2014.
It also includes details about wind farms installations in 2014.
Reasons to buy
The report provides insight on the wind turbine order intake in H1 2014.
It covers wind turbine orders for onshore and offshore market in key countries.
It provides a comparative analysis among the key players in the market based on turbine order intakes.
It also details the share of offshore wind installations by Original Equipment Manufacturers in 2013.