Vale Inco - Strategic SWOT Analysis ReviewSummary
Vale Inco (Vale) is principally engaged in producing nickel and nickel specialty products. Vale also produces copper, cobalt and precious metals which are used to manufacture stainless steel and batteries. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Vale (Vale S.A.) of Brazil. The company also mines and processes copper, gold, cobalt, and platinum group metals. The company has its mines and processing facilities at Thompson, Manitoba, Voisey’s Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Sorowako, Indonesia. Vale also operates metal refineries located at Port Colborne, Canada as well as Clydach and Acton in the UK. Vale generates 23% of the total electricity through hydro energy and 75% through coal, natural gas, fuel oil and diesel for its own operations. In addition, the company owns a cutting-edge waste processing facility, in metco, and also operates a specialty products operation called Novamet. Vale is also involved in exploration and mining business in Indonesia, New Caledonia, Australia, and Brazil. The company is headquartered in Ontario, Canada.
GlobalData’s Vale Inco - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.Scope
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.