Tata Motors Limited (500570) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis ReviewSummary
Tata Motors Limited (Tata Motors) is an automobile company, which principally engages in manufacturing passenger cars, utility vehicles, trucks, buses and defense vehicles. The company through its subsidiaries, affiliates and joint ventures provide engineering and automotive solutions, automotive vehicle components manufacturing and supply chain activities as well as finance services. Tata Motors also produces machine tools and factory automation solutions, high-precision tooling, plastic and electronic components for automotive and computer applications. It also distributes and markets Fiat branded cars in India. The company with principal operations in India exports its vehicles to Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South and Southeast Asia and South America. Tata Motors is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Tata Motors Limited Key Recent Developments
Mar 24, 2011: Tata Motors Begins Production Of Electric Cars In Coventry, UK
Dec 14, 2010: Government Of UK To Provide Up To GBP5,000 State Grants For Nine Models Electric Cars
Nov 29, 2010: Tata Hispano Wins Order For Supplying 10 CNG Series Hybrid Buses To Madrid
Mar 22, 2010: Tata Motors to build manufacturing facility for heavy trucks in Myanmar
Mar 16, 2010: Tata Motors Global Sales Up 59% In February
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Tata Motors Limited provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.