Range Resources Corporation, Company Intelligence ReportSummary
Range Resources is a Texas-based independent oil and gas company involved in the exploration, exploitation, development and production of onshore oil and natural gas properties. The company’s upstream assets are located mainly in Appalachian Basin and the Southwestern region. The Southwestern region comprises the Permian Basin of West Texas, the Texas Panhandle, the Anadarko Basin of western Oklahoma, the Nemaha Uplift of northern Oklahoma and Kansas, the East Texas Basin and the Mississippi. Its operations mainly focus on upstream operations, along with some exposure to midstream operations. Range Resources’ operations in the Appalachian Basin are mainly located in Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia. The production from this region mainly comes from the Marcellus Shale, the Pennsylvanian (coalbed formation), Berea, Big Lime, Huron Shale, Medina and Upper Devonian formations. These formations are located at depths of 762-2,743 meters (m) (2,500-9,000 feet (ft)).
As of December 31, 2013, the company owns 6,136 net producing wells, operating 84% of all the wells in the Appalachian Basin. The company holds a total reserve of 7.5 tcfe as of December 31, 2013, which is 1.8 tcfe or 31% more from 2012 in the Appalachian Basin. The company owns 1.6 million gross (1.3 million net) acres under lease in the Appalachian Basin, which includes 305,000 acres in which it also own a royalty interest. The company also has 155,000 net acres in its Coal Bed Methane (CBM) plays in Virginia. Range Resources’ operations in the Southwestern region are mainly located in the Permian Basin of West Texas, the Texas Panhandle, and the Anadarko Basin of western Oklahoma, the Nemaha Uplift of northern Oklahoma and Kansas, the East Texas Basin and the Mississippi. The production from this region mainly comes from the Wolfcamp, Cline Shale, and Wolfberry formations. All of these formations are located at depths of 1,676-2,743 m (5,500-9,000 ft). As of December 31, 2013, the company owns 1,538 net producing wells, operating 84% of all the wells in the Southwestern region. The company holds a total reserve of 663.1 bcfe in the Southwestern region as of December 31, 2013, which is 97 bcfe or 13% less than in 2012. The company owns 710,000 gross (508,000 net) acres under lease in this region.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Key Highlights: This section provides detailed analysis on the company’s overall oil and gas value chain, new projects, growth opportunities, new ventures, assets performance, hedging strategies, Capex funding, geographical results of oil and gas operations.
- Goals and Strategies: This section provides the upcoming goals and strategies of the company. The section mainly goals and strategies followed by the company in order to meet its upcoming goals.
- SWOT: The report’s SWOT section provides the internal strength, weakness, opportunities and threats of company to reflect its strategic positions in the market.
- Production and Development Overview: This section highlights the company’s crude oil and natural gas production forecast from its legacy and upcoming assets by region and commodity mix for next five years. The report also covers the detailed information and analysis on the company’s producing and development assets.
- Exploration: This section includes detailed explanation and analysis on the company’s exploration assets resulted due to new discoveries, new drilling and other activities.
- M&A trends: This section mainly provides information and analysis on the company’s recent assets transactions, joint ventures, acquisition, and divestment activities during the last one year. This section highlights the company’s status as a buyer or seller during the analyzed period.
- Financial Forecast and Valuation: This section highlights the detailed financial statement forecast for next five years. With the financial statement forecast, this section also provides intrinsic value of the company by using Valuation method.
- Financial and Operational Metrics: This section covers the company’s historical performance on several financial and operational parameters such as Production and Reserves, Reserves Replacement, Costs Incurred, Acreage, Wells, F&D Costs, Oil and Gas Revenue and Expenses etc.
The report will enhance the decision-making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to
- Provide detailed analysis to those who are interested in knowing the companies’ existing and future business strategies.
- Provide in-depth analysis on the companies E&P profiles along with the exploration and M&A updates.
- Provide valuable insights to those who are tracking oil and gas markets and wants to know the intrinsic value of the companies.
- Use the analysis for strategy and planning, M&A identifications, and competitor analysis.