Nalco Holding Company - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis ReviewSummary
Nalco Holding Company (Nalco) is one of the leading water treatment and process improvement companies across the world. The company offers high-performance technologies and services for water treatment in industrial processes. Nalco operates through three segments, namely, Water Services, Paper Services and Energy Services. Nalco's Water and Process Services division consists of two main segments: Paper Services, serving the pulp and paper industries, and Water Services, focusing on customers across various industrial and institutional markets. This division offers treatment of boiler water, cooling water, influent, and wastewater, along with practical solutions for process improvements, pulp applications, paper applications and pollutant control. The company's Energy Services division provides on-site, technology-driven solutions to the global natural gas, petroleum and petrochemical industries. It serves more than 70,000 clients in nearly 130 countries across six continents. Nalco is headquartered in Naperville, Illinois, US.
In November 2011, Ecolab Inc. completed its merger with Nalco Holding Company.
Nalco Holding Company Key Recent Developments
Sep 19, 2011: Nalco Announces 1,000th 3D TRASAR Boiler System Installation, Introduction Of Nalco 360 Service For Boilers
Sep 13, 2011: Nalco Program Saves Water And Energy For Marriott Hotel In Mumbai, India
Sep 06, 2011: Nalco Introduces 3D TRASAR Technology For Membranes With New Green Chemistry
Jul 18, 2011: Nalco Program Helps Veterans Administration Facility Improve Indoor Air Quality, Reduce Carbon Emissions
Jun 02, 2011: Nalco Mobotec Announces Mercury Control Contract With City Of Springfield, Illinois
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Nalco Holding Company provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the companyKey benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.