Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - GermanySummary
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, “Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Germany”. The report is an essential source of information and an analysis on the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape of Germany. The report identifies the key trends in the healthcare market of Germany. The report also provides insights on the demographic, regulatory, reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure of Germany. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the trends and segmentation of pharmaceutical and medical devices market. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
Germany was the fourth most populated country among the European Union (EU) member states with a population of approximately 81.6 million in 2010. The population of Germany is decreasing due to a negative balance between the mortality and birth rate and low fertility rate. The decline in the population of the working age group and increasing elderly population is a matter of concern for the policy planners. The pharmaceutical market in Germany was estimated at $51.6 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach approximately $73 billion by 2020 with a projected CAGR of 3.5%. The medical device market size was approximately $20.5 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach approximately $32.8 billion by 2020 with a projected CAGR of 4.8%.
The positive trend in the healthcare market of Germany can be attributed primarily to -
- Increasing elderly population
- Universal coverage healthcare
- High degree of access to healthcare facilities
- Initiatives of the government for the prevention and management of chronic diseases
- Common regulatory guidelines for the European member states that simplifies the regulatory process
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape of Germany. The scope includes -
Reasons to buy
- Overview of the pharmaceutical and medical devices market of Germany including the market size, market segmentation, key drivers and barriers for the market.
- Profile and SWOT analysis of the major players in the pharmaceutical and medical devices market. Key players covered for the pharmaceutical market are Novartis, Pfizer, Abbott, GlaxoSmithKline and Boehringer Ingelheim. Key players covered for the medical devices market are GlaxoSmithKline, Medtronic, Siemens Healthcare, F. Hoffmann-la Roche and B. Braun Melsungen AG.
- Insightful review on the reimbursement and regulatory landscape. Analysis includes details of the healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and market authorization process for new drug and medical devices for Germany.
- A detailed analysis of the political and economic environment of Germany including the economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure.
- An overview of the opportunities and challenges for growth that exist in the healthcare market of Germany.
The report on Germany comprehensively covers both the pharmaceutical and the medical devices market of Germany. The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the healthcare market of Germany.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical and medical devices market segments and companies likely to impact the German healthcare market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Identify, understand and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in the healthcare market of Germany.