The aim of this project is to attract investments and to analyze economic efficiency of starting a commercial greenhouse business in Russia, to sell products and gain profit.
- Greenhouse complex for cultivation of vegetables and greens
- Greenhouse area – *** ha
- Projected production volume – up to 1.8 thousand metric tons of vegetables per year
- Seedling unit
- Auxiliary buildings and facilities
- Greenhouse tomatoes
- Greenhouse cucumbers
- Greenhouse greens
INVESTMENTS AND FINANCING
- Investments in the establishing of a greenhouse complex account for *** RUB. The term of the investment period is 13-14 months.
- The project envisages to be financed through both borrowed funds (70%) and own funds (30%).
Disposal of products in the region of the project implementation, including:
1. Retail chains;
3. Non-chain stores.
Entering the markets of other regions of Russia.
The project presupposes the use of greenhouse constructions and equipment of domestic production of *** company.
PRECONDITIONS FOR SUCCESSFUL PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION
- The increasing striving of population to a healthy lifestyle and as a result, the growth in consumption of fresh vegetables all year round (especially in winter and spring).
- Growing interest in the fresh vegetables production in greenhouses by both large agricultural holdings and non-core investors.
- The predominance of greenhouses using outdated crop cultivation technologies and equipment on the Russian market leads to a further increase in abrasion of the majority of greenhouse
- Cucumbers and tomatoes are the major items growing in greenhouses with shares of ***% and ***% respectively. The share of pepper, eggplants and greens accounts for ***%. Cucumbers, greens and tomatoes are the most profitable items.
- The majority of greenhouse vegetable production in Russia occurs in the Volga Federal District with a share of ***%. In 2010 production volume here accounted for *** metric tons.
- Domestic demand for greenhouse products is met by domestic vegetables less than 50%.