This report begins by detailing the most important technologies and research activity at the leading edge of the wearables market today:
- Ears:Wireless ear buds
- Brain: Thought control
- Eyes: Active contact lenses
- Skin: Flexible electronics
- Gesture control: Hands and face
- Body: Biosensors and power solutions
The report then explains in detail how these technologies could evolve in the future which culminates in a remarkable, but plausible vision for how we will access the web in the future. Here are examples of just a few of the powerful insights which are fully explained in this ground-breaking report:
- Proposal for a new type of multi-modal user interface, called V2T2
- Proposal for a new short range, ultra-low power wireless networking standard, called Wi-Bo.
- Conceptual design for a self-powered, bi-directional, electro-optic contact lens
- Market forecast for the size of the wearable web market.