Preclinical Models - Preclinical CROs will Continue to Improve the Quality and Accuracy of Data for Targeted Therapies Summary
GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest report, “Preclinical Models - Preclinical CROs will Continue to Improve the Quality and Accuracy of Data for Targeted Therapies” that provides key data, information and analysis of the major trends and developments in preclinical studies and preclinical outsourcing business. The report provides a comprehensive insight into key technological developments, new approaches in developing preclinical models. The report talks about the key outsourcing business models and factors that are driving the global preclinical outsourcing market. The report also provides a detailed analysis of global preclinical market in terms of preclinical spending and preclinical outsourced value. The report also provides key alliances and acquisitions related to preclinical studies among CROs.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GBI Research’s team of industry experts.
Preclinical study is a critical stage in drug discovery and development. Preclinical study helps in developing a pharmacological profile of the drug and its acute toxicity. Preclinical testing involves lab and animal testing to determine if the drug is safe and effective enough for human testing and subsequent filing of Investigational New Drug (IND) application with FDA. Preclinical study makes use of systems or models such as in-vitro, in-vivo and in-silico models. These models in combination with screening, bio-imaging techniques and analytical technologies (LC, MS, LC-MS, bioanalysis) used for preclinical efficacy and safety studies.
There are latest advancements in technologies such as biomarker technology and nanotechnology that speed up the entire preclinical R&D process providing high quality preclinical data. Also the new approaches such as transgenic animal models, systems biology model and simulation models have provided solutions to various problems associated with preclinical research.
Pharmaceutical companies outsource their preclinical work to CROs to cut R&D costs; share associated risks; improve the preclinical data quality and to access specialized resources, talent pool and technology. Preclinical CROs are forming strategic partnerships and adopting innovative outsourcing business models. Global preclinical Spending is growing proportionately with the pharmaceutical R&D spending. The United States and top nine European Countries are the major preclinical outsourcing markets. Scope
The scope of the report includes -
Reasons to buy
- Role of preclinical studies in drug discovery and development process
- Overview of current preclinical models, including in-vitro, in-vivo, in-silico models and supporting technologies
- Key technological developments and new approaches in developing preclinical models including case studies
- Outsourcing preclinical studies to CROs covering reasons for outsourcing, trends and key outsourcing business models including case studies
- Market characterization of global preclinical outsourcing market including preclinical spending and preclinical outsourced value
- Preclinical outsourcing market forecast, 2009-2016
- Geographical analysis including top nine European countries and the United States.
- Key drivers and restraints that have a significant impact on the market
- Competitive benchmarking of 16 leading CROs, covering their preclinical service offerings and recent deals in preclinical research
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to -
- Compare the key capabilities and models of major preclinical service providers with your requirements and optimize your R&D costs
- Develop market entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the key drivers and challenges in the global preclinical outsourcing market
- Develop effective strategies to maximize the advantages through the understanding of outsourcing trends and business models.