Pharmaceutical Packaging Industry - 2011 YearbookSummary
GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research “Pharmaceutical Packaging Industry - 2011 Yearbook” which provides insights into the global pharmaceutical packaging market and information on market forecasts until 2017. In addition to this, the geographical distribution of pharmaceutical packaging manufacturers across emerging BRIC nations (Brazil, Russia, India and China) is also detailed in the report. Key cost and developmental issues are also addressed. The report provides analysis on the competitive landscape, including the benchmarking of top companies. Finally, key trends analysis on mergers and acquisitions, and licensing agreements involving pharmaceutical packaging is detailed.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research’s team of industry experts.
GBI Research estimates that the global pharmaceutical packaging market was worth $47.8 billion in 2010. The market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% from 2010-2017. The global pharmaceutical industry is currently recording rapid expansion, with advances in manufacturing processes, technology innovation and integration. Growth is likely to be high in emerging economies such as India and China, primarily on account of increasing generics and contract manufacturing activities.
GBI Research found that the fastest growing segment in the pharmaceutical packaging market is prefillable syringes and parenteral vials. This segment will continue to expand due to advances in biotechnology which will result in the introduction of new therapies that must be injected. The increasing demand for biologics will increase demand for innovative product packaging solutions in the global pharmaceutical packaging market. Also, with more than $142 billion worth of drugs going off-patent in the next five years, generic drug manufacturers will emerge as a major segment driving demand for pharmaceutical packaging.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Detailed market characterization, including market size, technology adoption and forecasts until 2017.
- Data and analysis on the global pharmaceutical packaging market in the emerging BRIC nations.
- Analysis and review of the key events and milestones that will impact the future of the global pharmaceutical packaging market. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Insightful review of key industry drivers, restraints and challenges which are likely to impact the global pharmaceutical packaging market in the long run.
- The report also covers information on the leading market companies and the competitive landscape. Key companies covered include: Schott AG, Gerresheimer AG, Duran Group, Nypro Inc., Rexam PLC and Becton Dickinson (BD).
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global pharmaceutical packaging market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the pharmaceutical packaging market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies through understanding of the competitive landscape and through analysis of the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging companies with a potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global pharmaceutical packaging market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.