Parenteral Nutrition Market to 2017 - Home Care Sector To Witness Strong Market GrowthSummary
GBI Research has released its latest research, “Parenteral Nutrition Market to 2017 - Home Care Sector to Witness Strong Market Growth”. It provides in-depth analysis of the market size and drivers and barriers that affect the global parenteral nutrition (PN) market. The report analyzes the markets for parenteral nutrition in the US, the top five countries in Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain) and Japan. Sales value is forecast until 2017 for key geographies. Further, the report provides competitive benchmarking for the leading companies and analyzes the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and licensing agreements that shape the global markets.
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research’s team of industry experts.
The global Parenteral Nutrition (PN) market is rapidly growing with the increasing incidence of diseases such as cancer, AIDS and GI disorders including short bowel syndrome, ischemic bowel disease, pseudo obstruction and Crohn’s disease. The other major factor driving growth of the global PN market is an increase in the elderly population in the developed countries. In 2010, the global PN market was estimated to be worth $2,700m. The US market accounted for 50.7% of the total PN market in 2010. The market in the top five countries in Europe is the second largest PN market, and is estimated to have grown at a CAGR of 4.5% between 2002 and 2010.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Annualized market data for the PN market from 2002 to 2010, forecast forward to 2017.
- Analysis of the PN market in the leading geographies of the world, which include the US, the top five countries in Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain) and Japan.
- Market segmentation of the PN market which includes the amino acid, lipids, carbohydrates and additives market in the leading geographies.
- Key drivers and barriers that have a significant impact on the market.
- Competitive benchmarking of the leading companies. The key companies studied in this report are Baxter, B. Braun, Fresenius Kabi, Hospira, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Terumo Corporation and Ajinomoto.
- Key M&A activities, licensing agreements that have taken place between 2004 and 2010 in the global PN market.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the leading geographic markets poised for strong growth.
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms which can produce first-in-class products with more efficiency and better safety.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas of leading companies.
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that could fill portfolio gaps.