Pain Management Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Price Competition to Intensify Following Patent Expiries of Lyrica and CymbaltaSummary
GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, “Pain Management Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Price Competition to Intensify Following Patent Expiries of Lyrica and Cymbalta”, which provides insights into the global pain management therapeutics market and market forecasts until 2017. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the top eight therapeutic indications for which pain management drugs are often prescribed, which includes fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain, migraine, cancer pain, osteoarthritis pain, rheumatoid arthritis pain, low back pain and post-operative pain. The report also examines the global pain management therapeutics treatment usage patterns for the covered indications. In addition, the report also includes insights into the pain management therapeutics R&D pipeline.
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research, and in-house analysis by GBI Research’s team of industry experts.
The global pain management therapeutics market has huge potential for growth due to the large population that is affected by medically significant pain. The market is growing at a moderate growth rate, driven by the cancer pain, low back pain and post-operative pain relief markets. In 2010, the global pain management therapeutics market was estimated at $28.6 billion, representing a CAGR of 5.3% between 2002 and 2010. The post-operative pain relief market, with sales of $5.9 billion in 2010, accounted for one fifth of the total pain management therapeutics market. The low back pain market, with sales of $4.9 billion, was the second largest market segment, with a share of 17% of the worldwide pain management therapeutics market. The low back pain market is followed by the cancer pain and neuropathic pain relief markets, accounting for 16% each of the global pain management therapeutics market.
The global pain management market is driven by anticonvulsant Lyrica and anti-depressant Cymbalta, which are expected to expire in 2013. By 2017, the global pain management therapeutics market is forecast to generate sales of $35.1 billion, representing a CAGR of 3.0% between 2010 and 2017. Other blockbuster drugs that are likely to drive the market in the forecast period include UCB Group’s Vimpat (lacosamide), Teva’s Fentora (fentanyl), J&J’s Nucynta (tapentadol), Pfizer’s Remoxy (oxycodone hydrochloride) and Orexo’s Abstral (fentanyl).Scope
Reasons to buy
- Data and analysis on the pain therapeutics market in the leading geographies of the world - the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
- Annualized market data for the pain management therapeutics market from 2002 to 2010, with forecasts to 2017.
- Market data on the therapeutic landscape, which covers fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain, migraine, cancer pain, osteoarthritis pain, rheumatoid arthritis pain, low back pain and post-operative pain therapeutics, including market size, market share, annual cost of therapy, sales volume and treatment usage patterns such as disease population and treated population.
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market and on each indication.
- The competitive landscape of the global pain management therapeutics market, which includes companies such as Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, Teva, Eli Lilly and several mid-size players such as Purdue Pharma, Endo Pharmaceuticals, and Forest Laboratories.
- Key M&A activities and Licensing Agreements that took place from 2005 to 2010 in the global pain management therapeutics market.
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the potential region and therapeutic segments poised for strong growth.
- Devise a more tailored country strategy through the understanding of key drivers and barriers of the region’s pain management therapeutics market.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas and top selling pain management therapeutics molecules of leading companies.
- Accelerate and strengthen your market position by identifying key companies for mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships.