Men's Health Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Availability of Generic Sildenafil from 2012 to Restrain Market GrowthSummary
GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research “Men's Health Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Availability of Generic Sildenafil from 2012 to Restrain Market Growth”. The report provides in-depth analysis of drivers and barriers that impact the global men’s health therapeutics market. The report analyzes the markets for men’s health in the US, the top five countries in Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain) and Japan. Treatment usage patterns, market revenue, and the annual cost of treatment (ACT) are forecast until 2017 for the key geographies, as well as the leading therapeutic segments. Furthermore, the report provides profiles of the leading companies, and analyzes the mergers and acquisitions (M&As) and licensing agreements that shape the global markets.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research’s team of industry experts.
GBI Research finds that the men’s health therapeutics market will continue to grow only moderately. The principal reason for this stagnancy will be the first patent expiry of a top selling blockbuster, Viagra. The overall men’s health market is driven by the launch of late-stage pipeline candidates and the steady increase in the diseased and treated population. The erectile dysfunction (ED) and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) markets constitute a major portion of the men’s health market. In 2010, these markets accounted for more than 80% of the total men’s health therapeutics market. Male hypogonadism accounted for 8.6% of the total market size. The premature ejaculation market represents a small portion of the total men’s health market. The premature ejaculation market does not have any FDA approved products in the major market geographies. However, it will grow at a higher rate during the forecast period compared to the erectile dysfunction and male hypogonadism market. This is because the premature ejaculation market will see the launch of promising new drugs in the future. In 2009, the global men’s health therapeutics market was estimated to be worth $9,162m. GBI Research forecasts the market to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of approximately 4.1% between 2010 and 2017 to record a sales value of approximately $12,163m by 2017.
The men’s health market has a moderate level of unmet needs. The current treatment options in the erectile dysfunction and male hypogonadism market are efficacious and have a manageable safety profile with the exception of some rare but serious side effects. The unmet need in the premature ejaculation market is huge. This is because the market lacks any FDA approved products for treatment of the disease in major geographies. There exists an opportunity for pharmaceutical companies to produce drugs with improved efficacy, improved patient compliance and competitive pricing in the future. The men’s health pipeline does contain few potential drugs which will help sustain market growth in the forecast period. However, the men’s health Research and Development (R&D) pipeline is not very innovative, with most of the projects in the late stage pipeline being me-too products.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Annualized market data for the men’s health therapeutics market from 2002 to 2010 and forecast to 2017.
- Analysis of the leading therapeutic segments, including erectile dysfunction, male hypogonadism, premature ejaculation and benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Analysis of the men’s health therapeutics market in the leading geographies of the world, which include the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Japan.
- Market characterization of the men’s health therapeutics market, including market size, revenue analysis by top seven geographies, generic share, annual cost of treatment, a treatment flow algorithm and treatment usage patterns.
- Key drivers and restraints that have a significant impact on the market.
- Coverage of pipeline molecules in various phases of drug development.
- Competitive benchmarking of leading companies. The key companies studied in this report are Pfizer Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, GlaxoSmithKline Inc., Bayer Healthcare AG, Abbott Laboratories, Endo Pharmaceuticals Holding Inc., Johnson and Johnson, VIVUS Inc. and Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Key M&A activities and licensing agreements, that have taken place in the period 2004-2011 in the global men’s health therapeutics market.
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with the highest growth potential.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the leading therapeutic segments and geographic markets poised for strong growth.
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms which can produce first-in-class molecules with more efficiency and better safety.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas of leading companies.