Drug Discovery and Development Market in Asia - Partnerships Between MNCs and Asian Academic Institutions and Healthcare Research Organizations are Driving R&D InnovationSummary
GBI Research, a leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, “Drug Discovery and Development Market in Asia - Partnerships Between MNCs and Asian Academic Institutions and Healthcare Research Organizations are Driving R&D Innovation”. The report provides key data, information and analysis of the major trends and issues affecting the drug discovery and development market in seven major countries in Asia, namely China, India, Russia, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan and South Korea. The report provides a comprehensive insight into market segmentation, covering drug discovery and development market sizes, the strategic context for deciding a location in Asia to conduct clinical research, strategies adopted by global pharmaceutical companies in outsourcing R&D processes to Asian countries, and the regulatory landscapes there. The report provides a detailed analysis of the regulatory authorities, clinical trial approval processes and recent regulatory changes in the clinical trial environment. The report analyzes the competitive landscape of the market, profiling key Contract Research Organizations (CRO) market players, along with a brief description of the business, major services and major M&A and partnership deals. The report also provides detailed analysis of major partnership and M&A deals that have taken place in the Asian drug discovery and development market along with segmentation by year, deal type, geography and phase of development.
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research’s team of industry experts.
GBI Research finds that the total drug discovery and development market size in the top seven Asian countries was estimated at $5.3 billion in 2011 and is forecast to reach $17.3 billion by the end of 2018. Revenue growth has been surpassed by investments in pharmaceutical R&D that have not increased the output of new medicines. Research-based pharmaceutical companies outsource R&D processes to CROs which offer integrated services across the life-sciences R&D value chain. Globalization in the clinical trial industry has led to an increased number of trials being conducted in emerging markets.
The CRO industry has been witnessing strategic deals between large global CROs with broad therapeutic and functional expertise, and subcontracting local CROs. This will enable global CROs to increase their market access capabilities, thereby further increasing the extent of their outsourcing activities. The entry of new participants into the biopharmaceutical sector will augment the drug discovery and development market in Asian countries. For example, Samsung Electronics entered into the biopharmaceutical market in April 2011 through the formation of Samsung Biologics, a joint venture company between Samsung Electronics and Quintiles. In December, 2011 Samsung entered into another agreement with Biogen Idec to set up a joint venture for the development, manufacture and marketing of biosimilars.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Detailed overview of global trends in pharmaceutical R&D, followed by market segmentation of the Asian drug discovery and development market in seven major countries, which are China, India, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Russia and Singapore.
- Annualized market data from 2007 and forecasts to 2018.
- Strategies adopted by global pharmaceutical companies in outsourcing R&D processes to Asian countries, along with the strategic context for deciding locations in Asia for conducting clinical research.
- Competitive landscape analysis, with profiles of the leading companies such as Quintiles Transnational Corp, Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc., Covance Inc., Parexel International Corporation and Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- Analysis of partnership and M&A deals from 2004 to June 2012 along with segmentation by year and geography, deal type, and phases of development.
- Align your product portfolio to markets with high growth potential.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the key areas for high growth and opportunities.
- Understand the factors shaping the Asian drug discovery and development market.
- Identify the key players best positioned to take the advantage of the opportunities in the Asian drug discovery and development market.
- Accelerate and strengthen your market position by identifying key companies for mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships.