Cell Culture - Rising Demand for Biologics and Growing Visibility of Approval Pathway for Biosimilars will Create Growth OpportunitiesSummary
GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research “Cell Culture - Rising Demand for Biologics and Growing Visibility of Approval Pathway for Biosimilars will Create Growth Opportunities”, which provides in-depth analysis on the processes, drivers and barriers of the cell culture market. The report analyzes the role of biopharmaceutical products that basically provide enhancement to media, sera, reagents and cell culture market. Major manufacturing technologies involved in the cell culture technology have been detailed in the report. Furthermore, the report provides competitive benchmarking for the leading players that shape the global media, sera, reagent and overall cell culture market.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research’s team of industry experts.
Cell culture technology is used to carry out processes external to the natural environment by maintaining controlled environments which enable the growth of various cell cultures for use in medicine and research. The processes is related to methods involved in the development of tissue or organ cultures. Multicellular eukaryotic cells from animals are usually preferred for cell culture as they provide standard characteristics for growing environments. Plant cells are the second choice for culture technology, while fungi, bacteria, protists and others are also used for the developmental process.
The development of recombinant methods involves genetic manipulation and restructuring of DNA or genes. Genetic recombination usually takes place in a biological environment, while DNA recombination occurs either during a repair response or experiments using in vitro studies. This is also known as genetic engineering technology and was developed at the end of the twentieth century. This method was further developed for large-scale cell culture production and was found to be helpful in protein synthesis processes, such as insulin production.
GBI Research indicates that the cell culture market is growing continuously due to increased demand for biopharmaceutical products. The introduction of biosimilars across various geographies in the forecast period on a large scale will boost the cell culture market, rapidly. Despite concerns about low flexibility for manufacturing quantities and other factors, the higher efficacy of the end products will drive its growth in the future.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Analysis of various technologies involved in cell culture and the key associated manufacturing processes involved
- Key drivers and barriers that have a significant impact on the cell culture market.
- Major equipment, cell banks and cell lines for cell culture development have been analyzed
- Annualized market data for the media, sera, reagents and global cell culture market from 2004 to 2011, forecast forward to 2018, have been provided in the report.
- Major players in the cell culture market are enlisted providing their company overview and company roles in the market.
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the leading therapeutic segments and geographic markets poised for strong growth
- Develop strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas of leading companies
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that could fill portfolio gaps