Market Research Logo

Laundry Facilities & Dry Cleaning Services

10 Pages First Research, Inc. SKU: FRRS5490149

Laundry Facilities & Dry Cleaning Services

Brief Excerpt from Industry Overview Chapter:

Companies in this industry operate self-service laundry facilities or provide dry cleaning, specialty cleaning and full-service laundering services. Major US companies include CSC ServiceWorks (owner of Coinmach, Mac-Gray, and other brands), EnviroStar (owner of DryClean USA), and Huntington (owner of Martinizing and other brands).

The US laundry facilities and dry cleaning services industry includes about 33,000 companies with combined annual revenue of about $11 billion. The industry includes about 22,000 companies that provide retail laundry and dry cleaning services and account for about 70 percent of industry revenue, and about 11,000 companies that operate laundromats and account for the remaining 30 percent of revenue.

Commercial and industrial laundry services are covered in the Linen and Uniform Supply Services industry profile.


Demand is related to consumer income. The profitability of individual companies depends on efficient operations and favorable store locations. Large dry cleaning companies can achieve economies of scale by using centralized cleaning operations to serve multiple retail locations. Small companies can compete successfully by owning favorable locations or providing special services. The US dry cleaning segment is highly fragmented: the 50 largest firms generate less than 10 percent of revenue. The US coin-laundry segment is fragmented: the 50 largest firms generate about 40 percent of revenue.


Retail laundry and dry cleaning services account for about 70 percent of industry revenue; laundromats account for about 30 percent.

Retail dry cleaning operations consist of collecting and tagging clothing,...

Show Full Description

Show Table of Contents

Laundry Facilities & Dry Cleaning Services

First Research, Inc.

Pricing & Delivery

Online Download

Didn't find what you are looking for?

Let us find it for you. One of our knowledgeable research assistants will work with you to find exactly the right research to answer your questions:

US: 800.298.5699 International: +1.240.747.3093 Or leave us a message and we'll call you back!

Receive bi-weekly email alerts for new market research.

CTA Image

Download our free eBook: How to Succeed Using Market Research

Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.

Download CTA

Share this report