“New Zealand Foodservice: The Future of Foodservice to 2016” result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research covering the New Zealand foodservice industry. It provides detailed analysis of both historic and forecast foodservice industry values at channel level, analysis of the leading companies in the industry and New Zealand’s business environment and landscape.
- Actual sales, food transaction and outlet data is provided for all years from 2006 to 2011 with full data forecasts for all years from 2012 to 2016
- All market sizing and analysis is conducted in local currency in order to ensure local trends are reflected with data also converted to US Dollars
- This report covers 7 profit channels: Accommodation, Leisure, Restaurants, Pubs Clubs & Bars, Retail, Travel and Workplace and 4 cost channels: Education, Healthcare, Military & Civil Defense and Welfare - these are all further subdivided into their constituent sub-channels
- Complete data by sub-channel for number or outlets, food transactions and sales in operator selling prices
- Competitor profiles with SWOT analysis, description of business activities and strategies for the leading operators in the market
- Comprehensive data and indicators on the business environment and country risk
This report is based on an extensive desk research which brings together Canadean’s research, modeling and analysis expertise in order to develop uniquely detailed market data. It provides comprehensive analysis of consumer, menu, format and macro-economic trends - crucially providing foodservice sales, outlet and transaction data across both profit and cost sectors, with full granular channel segmentation. This allows marketers interested in the sector to understand the dynamics by channels and where the future growth opportunities in the industry lie
Reasons To Buy
- This report provides readers with unparalleled levels of detail and insight into the development of foodservice sector within New Zealand with full historic (2006-11) and forecast (2012-16) years of data
- Understand competitive dynamics using Porters Five Forces analysis across each major channel grouping
- Discover key trends and new market opportunities by outlets, food transactions, average prices and sales across 45+ foodservice channels
- Improve market and strategic planning using robust and highly granular future forecasts and historic market data
- Understand the key drivers affecting the industry, today and in the future, from a product, consumer, format and regulatory perspective plus, impact on respective channels and sub-channels.
- Track competitors through in-depth understanding of the major players, their business activities and strategies
Foodservice sales in New Zealand recorded a CAGR of 1.43% during the review period. The market grew from NZD7,038.8 million in 2006 to NZD7,555.6 million in 2011, with the number of transactions recording a CAGR 0.95% as a result of a growing shift towards smaller households, couples without children, one parent families and working families. Following the global financial crisis in 2008, growth in the sector decelerated. However, growth is projected to rebound over the forecast period and be driven primarily by an expected increase in dining out. A growth in the number of single person households and an increase in citizen’s disposable incomes are forecast to drive growth in the market.