This report contains a competitive company benchmarking analysis based on key financial and operating parameters and ratios of a select peer group of companies, compared to one another and to overall global averages for their retail channel. The analysis highlights the companies that are performing the best among the peer group, and in which areas, and therefore clarifies leading performance standards and the strengths and weaknesses of companies covered.
Canadean’s ‘Leading North American Drug, Health and Beauty Retailers - Company Benchmarking Analysis Report’ compares the strength of the leading drug, health and beauty retailers in North America relative to each other and international averages for retailers in the drug, health and beauty retailers channel.
The benchmark analysis is based on key parameters and ratios that explain the performance of a particular company against that of its immediate peers and its overall channel of operation. As such, it provides an easy-to-use analysis which highlights the companies that are setting the benchmark performance in their channel of operation.
The report provides a peer group benchmarking analysis of leading drug, health and beauty retailers in North America. The peer group is selected from our Retailer Company Benchmark Database which covers the leading 1,000 global retailers. The peer group covered includes leading drug, health and beauty retailers in North America.
The retailers covered in the report are:
- CVS Caremark Corporation
- Walgreen Co.
- Rite Aid Corporation
- Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation
- Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc.
- The Jean Coutu Group (PJC) Inc.
- Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc.
- Vitamin Shoppe, Inc.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the relative competitive strengths and weaknesses of the players covered, both compared to each other, as well as for the average performance of retailers in this channel around the world.
- Detailed scorecards and summary heat charts provide clear, concise at a glance analysis of the relative performance of the companies covered across a range of metrics. While more detailed data provides the granular detail behind these concise analyses.
- Gain a detailed knowledge of the best in class performance levels amongst the retailers covered in order to benchmark both competitor performance as well as that of your own company.
Walgreen was the strongest performer of the leading drug, health and beauty retailers in North America. The company’s strong performance was driven by the high scores it received for Scale and growth pillar.
CVS Caremark was the top performer under the operational efficiency pillar. It also performed well under the scale and growth pillar.
Ulta was the best performer under the financial performance pillar. It also performed well under operational efficiency pillar.
Among the peer group companies, Rite Aid was the weakest performer of the leading drug, health and beauty retailers in North America. The company’s poor performance was driven by the weak scores it received under operational efficiency and financial performance pillars.
The North American drug, health and beauty retail market is moderately concentrated and is dominated by retailers based in the US. Within the channel, the three largest retail chains are CVS Caremark, Walgreen and Rite Aid.