This report contains a competitive company benchmarking analysis based on key financial and operating parameters and ratios of a select peer group of companies, compared to one another and to overall global averages for their retail channel. The analysis highlights the companies that are performing the best among the peer group, and in which areas, and therefore clarifies leading performance standards and the strengths and weaknesses of companies covered.Summary
Canadean’s ‘European Clothing, Footwear, Accessories and Luxury Goods Retailers - Company Benchmarking Analysis Report’ compares the strength of the leading clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods retailers in Europe relative to each other and international averages for retailers in the clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods retailers channel.
The benchmark analysis is based on key parameters and ratios that explain the performance of a particular company against that of its immediate peers and its overall channel of operation. As such, it provides an easy-to-use analysis which highlights the companies that are setting the benchmark performance in their channel of operation.
The report provides a peer group benchmarking analysis of leading clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods retailers in Europe. The peer group is selected from our Retailer Company Benchmark Database which covers the leading 1,000 global retailers. The peer group covered includes leading public clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods retailers based in Europe.
The retailers covered in the report are:
- Inditex S.A.
- H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB
- Next plc
- Macintosh Retail Group NV
- Etam Developpement SCA
- JD Sports Fashion Plc
- Charles Voegele Holding AG
- KappAhl Holding AB
- RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS AB
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the relative competitive strengths and weaknesses of the players covered, both compared to each other, as well as for the average performance of retailers in this channel around the world.
- Detailed scorecards and summary heat charts provide clear, concise at a glance analysis of the relative performance of the companies covered across a range of metrics. While more detailed data provides the granular detail behind these concise analyses.
- Gain a detailed knowledge of the best in class performance levels amongst the retailers covered in order to benchmark both competitor performance as well as that of your own company.
H & M was the strongest performer of the leading clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods retailers in Europe. The company’s strong performance was driven by the high scores it received for all the pillars.Next plc was the top performer under the operational efficiency pillar. The company also performed strongly under the scale and growth, and financial performance pillars.
RNB Retail was the weakest performer of the leading clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods retailers in Europe. The company’s poor performance was driven by the weak scores it received for metrics across all the pillars.
The European clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods retail market is highly fragmented and no single retailer had a market of 5% at the regional level. The market is dominated by the retail chains based in Western Europe.