- The report is based on primary surveys conducted by Canadean accessing its B2B panels comprised of senior business decision makers. The opinions and forward looking statements of 264 industry executives are captured in our in-depth survey, of which 59% represent directors, C-level executives and departmental heads.
- The geographical scope of the research is global - drawing on the activity and expectations of leading industry players across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Middle East.
- The report analyzes key innovative trends and key advantages of new packaging
The report also analyzes budget allocation for new packaging and expenditure of packaging R&D, focus categories of product development activity and critical factors that influence supplier selection.
- Key topics covered include category-specific investment outlooks, market-specific growth opportunities, investment opportunities and principal challenges associated with the development and implementation of new packaging solutions.
- In this report, buyers identify their new product development budgets; along with the implementation of essential factors that influence supplier selection.
- The report provides qualitative analysis of key industry opportunities and threats and also contains the full survey results.
“Global Packaging Industry Survey 2012: Trends and Opportunities in Packaging, Budget Allocation, Procurement and NPD” is a new report by Canadean that analyzes how companies in the packaging industry are devising strategies for new product development. The report contains in-depth analysis on the principal drivers and challenges of new product development along with market-specific growth opportunities associated with the implementation of new packaging solutions. It also benchmarks key packaging techniques and customized packaging solutions expected to be implemented across the global packaging industry. This report qualitatively examines budget allocation for new product development and also analyzes procurement strategies and practices being undertaken by key organizations; category-specific investment outlooks; and investment opportunities available for leading purchase decision makers.
The report features the opinions of packaging industry respondents related to the following:
- Trends in packaging
- Advantages of new packaging
- Key drivers of sustainable packaging
- Chief barriers of innovative packaging
- Sustainable packaging materials
- Packaging techniques to ensure product safety and customized packaging solutions implementation outlook
- Allocation of budgets to new packaging solutions and changes expected in expenditure of packaging R&D
- Focus category of product development activity
- Factors driving new product development
- Likelihood of new product launch by companies
- New product development phrases
Reasons To Buy
- Drive revenues by understanding future new product development investment areas and growth regions.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by identifying buyer product development and R&D budgets.
- Better promote your business by focusing on factors driving new product development and offering customized solutions as per the needs of customers.
- Uncover the trends in packaging, key product development challenges and opportunities
- Benchmark key product development initiatives with key industry leaders and identify major trends that affect the industry.
- Secure stronger customer relationships by understanding the leading business concerns and changing strategies of buyers.
- Reduced manufacturing costs, minimize material use and environmental and regulatory compliance, are key advantages of developing new packaging in the packaging industry.
- Survey results show that 54% and 48% of packaged goods manufacturers and packaging converters expect to allocate less than 10% of their procurement budgets for new packaging solutions over the next 12 months.
- Ease-of-use, low-price, protective and durability factors are critical driving criteria for new product development.