Supply of goods in the Russian photo equipment market in 2007-2011 was unstable. During the crisis years of 2008-2009, supply of photo equipment went down due to the crisis which prevented people from buying non-essential goods. In 2010-2011, the after-crisis recovery of the market began and at that time supply grew up with the increasing demand and it amounted to 7.1 million pieces.
In 2007-2011, demand for photo equipment in the Russian market went up by 22.2%. During the crisis years, 2008-2009, consumers were not buying but saving which resulted in declining demand for photo equipment by 15.5% annually in 2008-2009. In 2010-2011, demand for photo equipment rose due to the so-called differed demand.
From 2007 to 2011, the number of households using photo equipment grew up by 6% after the increase of the share of consumers using these devices. The Russian market of photo equipment is concentrated mainly on domestic consumption. In 2007-2011, the share of export in the total volume of demand comprised 0.6% on average.
The 2007-2016 Outlook for Photo Equipment Market in Russia contains the essential data, necessary to comprehend the current market opportunities and conditions and to assess the future prospects, covering such points as:
- The overall assessment of the economic environment in Russia
- Volume and capacity of the market, balance of demand for and supply of photo equipment
- Volume of purchases, the number of consumers and users of photo equipment
- Production volume, import, export and in-stock balance of photo equipment
- Production cost, import, export and retail prices of photo equipment in the domestic market
- Rating of companies by production volume of photo equipment
- Rating of exporters and importers of photo equipment
- Financial and economic profiles of the leading producers of photo equipment
Official statistics from the following source were used for preparing the report:
- Federal State Statistics Service of the Russian Federation
- Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation
- Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation
- Federal Tax Service of the Russian Federation
The results of BusinesStat research were applied along with official statistics:
- Survey of consumers of photo and electronic equipment
- Audit of photo and electronic equipment retail
- Survey of experts of the photo and electronic equipment market