Best Practice B2B eCommerce in Food and DrinkBusiness Insights
September 1, 2001
167 Pages - SKU: RET710451
Additional InformationBest Practice B2B eCommerce in Food & Drink
In order to maintain competitive advantage food & drink companies must keep pace with eCommerce developments, apply new technologies and devise effective online B2B strategies.
Best Practice B2B eCommerce in Food & Drink, a new report by Reuters Business Insight examines the range of eCommerce solutions being undertaken by key players. It assesses the opportunities and implications of competing in a global market place via the internet. The report provides an insight into the food and drink eCommerce market, supply chain management, marketing mix and technological developements. Case studies support the growth opportunities and strategies identified for eCommerce in Europe, Great Britain and North America.
A Practical Guide
Best Practice B2B eCommerce in Food & Drink will provide:
- Descriptions of trading exchanges and the basis for charging, comparing and assessing the costs of selling through an exchange rather than ‘own marketing’
- Overviews of major supermarkets and their strategies for dealing with suppliers, allowing suppliers to understand buyers' requirements
- The impacts on traditional channels with comparisons of new and complementary methods of marketing
- An examination of procurement opportunities and costs explaining the fundamental factors necessary to devise a balanced strategy.
- A comprehensive industry opinion survey answered by 4000 executives worldwide, including retailers, distributers and manufacturers within drinks, food and ingredients.