Stem Cell Research Products: Opportunities, Tools, & TechnologiesBioInformant Worldwide, L.L.C.
December 1, 2012
118 Pages - SKU: BFM6690827
Stem cells are primitive cells found in all multi-cellular organisms that are characterized by self-renewal and the capacity to differentiate into any mature cell type. Several broad categories of stem cells exist, including:
- Embryonic stem cells, derived from blastocysts
- Post-natal stem cells, derived from newborn tissues
- Adult stem cells, found in adult tissues – including Hematopoietic stem cells, Mesenchymal stem cells, and Neural stem cells
- Induced pluripotent stem cells, reprogrammed from adult cells
- Cancer stem cells, which give rise to clonal populations of cells that form tumors or disperse in the body
- Animal stem cells, derived from non-human sources
The past 10 years have also witnessed the production of piPSCs, R-NSCs, and VSELs. Together, this evidence suggests that additional types of stem cells will likely be discovered, each representing new opportunities for research product development. Clearly, laboratory research into stem cell derivation, manipulation, and application is rapidly expanding.
To facilitate research resulting from these advances, a large and diverse stem cells products market has emerged. Large companies selling stem cell research products include Life Technologies, BD Biosciences, Thermo Fisher Scientific, and EMD Millipore, as well as over one-hundred other suppliers.
As of 2012, the following product categories accounted for more than 95% of all global stem cell product sales:
- Antibodies to stem cell antigens
- Bead-based stem cell separation systems
- Stem cell protein purification and analysis tools
- Tools for DNA and RNA-based characterization of stem cells
- Stem cell culture and media
- Stem cell specific growth factors and cytokines
- Tools for stem cell gene regulation
- Stem cell services and mechanisms for in vivo and in vitro stem cell tracking
- Stem cell lines
For pharmaceutical companies, they have intense interest in the ability to use stem cells to improve drug target validation and toxicology screening. Furthermore, it is important for bio-pharmaceutical interested in stem cell therapy applications to understand underlying market forces, and in particular, to consider progressive areas of stem cell research as opportunistic areas for drug and therapy development. This report presents a range of topics of interest to these companies as well, including how advances in stem research can reveal potential new drug targets, improve methods of drug delivery, and provide personalized treatment strategies.
To summarize, the four key areas that account for more than 90% for all applied stem cell research, as of 2012, include:
- Understanding and Treatment of Birth Disorders - Natal repair
- Regenerative Medicine - Reversal of injury or disease
- Drug Target Validation and Drug Delivery - Treatment of disease
- Toxicology Screening - Drug safety and efficacy assessment
Growth in stem cell research has exploded in the past decade. And so the market to supply stem cell research products has grown to meet this huge demand. There are now over one million stem cell researchers in 179 countries worldwide. In addition, there were only 17 stem cell product companies as of 2006 and that has expanded to more than 100 today, a 6-fold increase.
Not surprisingly, trend analysis reveals rapid increases in stem cell research activity over the past five years, specifically a scientific publication rate increase of 10.4% per year.
The stem cell types with the greatest year-to-year increases in publication rates over a trailing five-year period include:
- Mesenchymal stem cells
- Neural stem cells
- Induced pluripotent stem cells
This market intelligence report will advantageously position your company to offer competitive stem products to a rapidly growing, well-funded research community. Highlights of this report include:
- Charts, Timelines, Metrics, and Financials
- Rates of Stem Cell Grants, Publications, and Patents
- Market Characterization and 5-Year Projections
- Breakdown of Research Activity by Application, Species, Tissue Source
- Geographical Assessment of Market Demand
- Competitive Environment Analysis, by Product Supplier
- Recent Product Evolution and Unmet Market Needs
- Key Survey Findings from Your Prospective Clients – Stem Cell Scientists
- End-User Wants, Technical Preferences, Factors Influencing Buying Decisions
- And Much More
- Prevalence of Stem Cell Research by Cell Type
- Stem Cell Product Preferences
- Most Commonly Utilized Stem Cell Markers, by Stem Cell Type
- Most Commonly Utilized Stem Cell Antibodies, by Stem Cell Type
- Preferred Providers of Stem Cell Antibodies
- And Much More
- Stem Cell Grant Funding Databases (NIH database, DoD database)
- Stem Cell Patent Databases (USPTO)
- Stem Cell Publication Databases (PubMed, Highwire Press)
- Stem Cell Product Launch Announcements (Trade Journals, Google News)
- International Surveys (Electronically distributed end-user surveys)
- And More
Producing stem cell products can involve complicated and confusing decisions, but it doesn't have to. Claim this report to reveal the current and future needs of your customer base, so you can focus your marketing efforts on the most profitable products, in the most promising research areas and within the most lucrative domestic and international markets.
More Stem Cell reports by BioInformant Worldwide, L.L.C.
Capitalizing on Opportunities in Cord Blood Industry Growth (2013 Version) by BioInformant Worldwide, L.L.C.
OVERVIEW The cord blood banking industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. There were only 23 active ...
Complete 2012-13 Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Industry Report by BioInformant Worldwide, L.L.C.
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY Stem cell research and experimentation has been in process for well over five decades. Stem cells have the unique characteristics whereby they ...
Complete 2012-13 U.S. Cord Blood Banking Industry Report by BioInformant Worldwide, L.L.C.
Overview The cord blood banking industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. There were only 23 active cord blood ...
Error-Proof Entry, Expert Positioning, and Exploding Growth in Embryonic Stem Cell Products by BioInformant Worldwide, L.L.C.See all reports like this >>
The potential medical advances made possible from the use of human embryonic stem cells (hESC) are huge. These stem cells are able to develop into ...
We can help you find what you need. Call us or write us:
Need help in your search?
Stem Cell Reports
- Cancer Stem Cells Drug Pipeline Update 2013
- Capitalizing on Opportunities in Cord Blood Industry Growth (2013 Version)
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation – Pipeline Review, H1 2013
- Regenerative medicine and Stem cells Partnering Terms and Agreements
- Cellular Therapy and Cord Blood 2013 Market Report