The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Indonesian packaging industry, including:
- Current, historic and forecast values and trends for the Indonesian packaging industry, including individual categories
- Comprehensive, country-specific analysis of the industry’s market attractiveness, covering key trends and drivers, Indonesia’s competitive landscape and benchmarking with other key markets
- Description and analysis of the packaging categories and end-user markets for the overall packaging industry
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis of all individual categories and the overall packaging industry
The Indonesian packaging industry registered a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4% during the review period (2007–2011), and valued US$7.5 billion in 2011. The food and beverage end-user market accounted for 67% of the total Indonesian packaging industry value in 2011, making it the largest end user of packaging in Indonesia. While Jakarta has a large demand for Indonesian food products, the country’s main food processing activity is concentrated around Java. The Indonesian packaging industry is expected to register a higher CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period (2012–2016), to reach a value of US$9.6 billion in 2016.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the packaging industry in Indonesia:
- It provides historical values for the Indonesian packaging industry for the report’s 2007–2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Indonesia’s packaging industry, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It details the different macroeconomic factors affecting the packaging industry in Indonesia
- It covers an exhaustive summary of the key trends and drivers affecting end-user markets in packaging
- Using Porter’s industry-standard “Five Forces” analysis, the report details the competitive landscape in Indonesia for the packaging industry
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to the Indonesian packaging industry and each category within it
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within the Indonesian packaging industry
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the packaging industry
- Identify the growth opportunities and industry dynamics within five key packaging categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Indonesian packaging industry
- The Indonesian packaging industry registered a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4% during the review period (2007–2011), and valued US$7.5 billion in 2011.
- The Indonesian packaging industry has the potential to undertake rapid expansion activities during the forecast period, which will be driven by the country’s expanding population.
- The food and beverage end-user market, which generated 67% of the total packaging market value, is expected to drive packaging industry growth during the forecast period.
- In 2010, paper and board packaging valued US$1.85 billion, and accounted for 25% of the total Indonesian packaging industry.
- Rigid plastic is currently the largest packaging category in the country, with a value of US$1.88 billion in 2011.