The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Chinese packaging industry, including:
- Current, historic and forecast values and trends for the Chinese packaging industry, including individual categories
- Comprehensive, country-specific analysis of the industry’s market attractiveness, covering key trends and drivers, China’s competitive landscape and benchmarking with other key markets
- Description and analysis of the packaging categories and end-user markets for the overall packaging industry
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis of all individual categories and overall packaging industry
China is the second-largest packaging market in the world. Fueled by the rapid growth in domestic consumption and consistent growth in GDP, the Chinese packaging industry has grown steadily and achieved rapid growth in its key categories. In 2011, the Chinese packaging industry was estimated to value US$76.0 billion and grew by around 7.2% from 2010. China has replaced Japan in terms of market size and is expected to surpass the US by 2020. The Chinese government has formulated numerous policies to develop the country’s packaging industry in order to sustain industrial growth through subsidies and tax concessions, and investment in equipment, technology and infrastructure to improve and upgrade the packaging industry’s capabilities. The Chinese packaging industry is poised for impressive growth and is expected to record a CAGR of around 8% during the forecast period to value US$110.1 billion in 2016.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the packaging industry in China:
- It provides historical values for Chinese packaging industry for the report’s 2007–2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in China’s packaging industry, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It details the different macroeconomic factors affecting the packaging industry in China
- It covers an exhaustive summary of the key trends and drivers affecting the end-user markets in packaging
- Using Porter’s industry-standard “Five Forces” analysis, it details the competitive landscape in China for the packaging industry
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to the Chinese packaging industry and each category within it
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within the Chinese packaging industry
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the packaging industry
- Identify the growth opportunities and industry dynamics within five key packaging categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Chinese packaging industry
- The Chinese packaging market is one of the fastest-growing markets globally and grew at a CAGR of 7% during the review period to value US$76.0 billion in 2011.
- China has replaced Japan in terms of market size and is expected to surpass the US by 2020.
- China emerged from the economic crisis more quickly than the rest of world, bringing capacity back online with the aid of government stimuli.
- The paper and board packaging category currently accounts for the largest share in the overall packaging industry, and valued US$33.91 billion in 2011.
- PET packaging accounts for the largest share of China’s non-alcoholic beverage market.