The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Argentine packaging industry, including:
- Current, historic and forecast values and trends for the Argentine packaging industry, including individual categories
- Comprehensive, country-specific analysis of the industry’s market attractiveness, covering key trends and drivers, Argentina's competitive landscape and benchmarking with other key markets
- Description and analysis of the packaging categories and end-user markets for the overall packaging industry
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis for all individual categories and the overall packaging industry
The Argentine packaging industry valued US$4.82 billion in 2011 after recording a moderate CAGR of 5.85% during the review period. Increased investment by packaging manufacturers and strong domestic demand is expected to fuel the growth of the Argentine packaging industry. Within the industry, paper and board and glass were the largest packaging categories during the review period, a dominance expected to continue over the forecast period. Food and beverages is the key end-user market for the Argentine packaging industry, accounting for over 70% of the consumption of packaging products in 2011. The Argentine packaging machinery industry recorded a strong review period CAGR of 18.70%. The category is predominantly driven by imports, which accounted for over 60% of total packaging machinery sales in 2011.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the packaging industry in Argentina:
Reasons To Buy
- It provides historical values for the Argentine packaging industry for the report’s 2007–2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Argentina’s packaging industry, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It details the different macroeconomic factors affecting the packaging industry in Argentina
- It covers an exhaustive summary on the key trends and drivers affecting end-user markets in packaging
- Using Porter’s industry-standard “Five Forces” analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Argentina for the packaging industry
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry
- Take strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to the Argentine packaging industry and each category within it
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within the Argentine packaging industry
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the packaging industry
- Identify the growth opportunities and industry dynamics within five key packaging categories
- The Argentine packaging industry totaled US$4.8 billion in 2011 after recording a CAGR of 5.85% during the review period.
- Over the forecast period, this growth is expected to accelerate to a CAGR of 6.30% to reach a projected value of US$6.53 billion in 2016.
- The paper and board category is the largest and fastest-growing packaging category in Argentina, with an expected forecast period CAGR of 7.71% and a projected 2016 value of US$1.9 billion.
- Glass packaging is the second-largest and also the second-fastest-growing category in the Argentine packaging industry. The main end-user markets for Argentine glass packaging include processed foods such as jam and sauces, flavored drinks and wine.
- The steadily increasing prices of raw materials continue to be a key challenge for Argentine packaging manufacturers.