Gas Sensors and Gas Metering: Applications and MarketsBCC Research
August 1, 2010
170 Pages - SKU: WA2793813
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report is an update of an earlier (2005) BCC Research study on gas metering and gas sensors/monitoring, including instrumentation, process control, and automation systems for different applications. This updated report builds on the earlier work by describing and analyzing developments in the markets for commercial gas meters and gas sensors/monitors since 2005 and developing revised market projections that reflect these developments.
Specific objectives of this report thus include the following:
- Understanding metering requirements
- Appreciating design criteria and the importance of accuracy
- Understanding measurement concepts and types of error
- Understanding the basic concepts, principle of operation, and equipment used for gas metering, gas sensing/monitoring, secondary gas flow instrumentation, and sampling
- Understanding the typical operations, control functions and record keeping requirements
- Evaluating the application envelopes of the various gas flow metering technologies
- Providing a critical evaluation of the current status of gas meter and sensor/monitor commercial markets
- Analyzing the role of gas metering and sensing/monitoring in various applications segments, including custody transfer of natural gas, stack and flare systems, utilities, crude oil and natural gas production/ processing, and low gas flow rates (e.g., chemical manufacturing, and metal fabrication and processing)
- Discussing and analyzing the current status and future supply and demand issues for gas meters and sensors/monitors and thus providing consumers with an insight into the dynamics of the business
- Identifying future business opportunities
The market for gas flow meters and gas flow sensors and monitors has experienced considerable changes in the last 5 years, including internal changes (e.g., as a result of technological developments) and external shifts, particularly the global economic problems that began in 2008 and continue to affect the market in 2010. This report provides information useful to anyone concerned with the manufacturing, marketing, operation, and maintenance of gas metering and gas sensing/monitoring systems, including the following:
- Operations engineers
- Graduate engineers
- Metering specialists/technicians
- Project developers
- Government experts from developed and developing countries
- Technology providers
- Verifiers/certifiers and validators
- Financial intermediaries (banks, insurance companies)
- Brokers and traders interested in metering and sensing/monitoring market developments and regulatory trends
- Law firms
- Accounting and auditing firms
- Marketing managers
- Senior petrochemical executives
This report presents data on demand for gas metering and gas sensors/monitors for different applications in current U.S. dollars for the major global regions. Market share is presented for all major products, applications, gases, players/regions, and at the global level. Profiles are included for leading suppliers worldwide.
The report begins with an overview of gas sensing and monitoring technologies, including a brief history, major products, and a market summary. Subsequent sections describe major gas sensing and monitoring technologies in greater detail, identify key suppliers, and present comprehensive market estimates and projections. A separate chapter examines the geographical structure of the market.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this report. BCC conducted an extensive international user survey in preparing the previous edition of this report. Users in the following countries were interviewed:
- North America
- Rest of the World
Africa and the Middle East
BCC supplemented the earlier survey’s findings with a literature review and key-informant interviews. The results of this process were combined with BCC’s analysis of historical trends in carbon dioxide (CO2) demand and projected trends in major market drivers to obtain the market estimates and projections contained in this report.
We can help you find what you need. Call us or write us:
Need help in your search?
Gas Utilities Reports
- Utilities Connections Market Report - UK 2013-2017 Analysis
- Residential Customer Engagement: An Opportunity or a Threat for Utilities?
- Flexibility is Key at IDC Energy Insights' Pan-European Utilities Executive Summit
- Smart Gas Metering in Europe
- Best Practices: ProveIT Case Study — Distribution Automation in Action at Oklahoma Gas & Electric