Leading Domestic and Foreign Electronics and IT Manufacturing Companies In China: Company ProfilesAccess Asia
October 1, 2003
336 Pages - SKU: ACS934167
Additional InformationExecutive Summary:
Rapid economic growth following the introduction of open-door policies by former leader Deng Xiaoping in 1979 has helped to create a massive consumer market in China. This growth has raised average worker incomes, raising living standards and strengthening consumer purchasing power. Demand for electronics and information technology amongst newly wealthy urban consumers has been especially strong. Today, every household owns a colour television set - and a sizeable proportion owns at least two. Household ownership of video and audio equipment is also universal, as while ownership levels of personal computers and mobiles phones have increased sharply.
In this increasingly mature environment, Chinese numerous manufacturers of consumer electronics and IT products are locked in fierce competition for market share and forced to take ever-tighter margins on product sales. With ownership levels in many categories at saturation point, manufacturers are now focusing on re-sales and product upgrades rather than first-time purchases.
More China Technology & E-Commerce reports
More China reports
- Manufacturing Operations Technology Update: 4Q12
- China Manufacturing Industry IT Solution 2012–2016 Forecast and Analysis
- Manufacturing Execution System Market in Europe 2011-2015
- Laser Technology Market by Types (Fiber Laser, CO2 Laser, Solid-state Laser, Excimer Laser, Dye Laser, Diode Laser) & Applications - Global Forecast and Analysis (2012 – 2017)
- Manufacturing Operations Technology Update: 1Q12