AMA Research are pleased to announce the publication of the 2nd edition of the report Ground and Air Source Heat Pumps Market Report – UK 2012-2020 Analysis. In the UK, the market for Heat Pumps is currently underdeveloped, but the government’s target of 15% of energy to be derived from renewables by 2020 assumes significant growth of ground and air source heat pumps - as well as other renewables - in order to meet this commitment.
The report contains:-
- MARKET OVERVIEW – market size estimates 2008-2011 - over 100% growth - review of key market influences and analysis of current developments.
- PRODUCT REVIEW –types of product, mix of GSHP/ASHP, residential/non-residential
- REVIEW OF SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE
- FORECASTS FOR MARKET DEVELOPMENTS UP TO 2020 – volumes/product and sector mix, comparisons with other renewables etc.
Heat pumps are used to heat buildings and water in the commercial, industrial and residential sectors in the UK. In many European countries, heat pumps have been an accepted system and technology for over 20 years but overall volume production is still relatively low. Most leading players are parts of major groups involved in the heating industry, with international operations.
While, in 2011, Solar PV has grown rapidly in the UK, major changes in Feed-in-Tariffs at the end of the year is likely to see a change in the balance of take-up of alternative renewables.
Areas of particular interest include:-
Companies featured in the report include:-
- UK market development up to 2011 - comparisons with activity in key European markets
- Government incentives to stimulate developments in the renewable energy sector - impact of changes in FITs in December 2011
- Review of different types of pumps and their applications
- New build versus retro-fit – comparison of issues involved
- Market forecasts up to 2020 – volumes, barriers to growth - comparisons with other renewables.
Baxi, Calorex, Danfoss Heat Pumps, DeLonghi-Climaveneta, Dimplex, Earth Energy Limited, Geothermal International Ltd (GI), Global Energy Systems and Technology, ICS Heat Pump Technology, Ideal Boilers, Kensa, Keston Boilers, Lämpöässä, Mitsubishi Electric, NIBE, Stiebel Eltron, TEV Limited, Transen Sustainable Energy Systems Limited, Vaillant, Vent-Axia, Viessmann, Worcester Bosch / Greenstore.
Key areas of coverage in the report include:-
- HEAT PUMP MARKET
- UK Heat pumps market overview – product definitions, market values 2007-11 with over 100% growth - mix by material and installation cost.
- Types of heat pump – ground to water, ground to air, air to water etc. key elements in the system, how systems operate, efficiency measures (CoP values) etc.
- European market overview – market size by volume, trends, share by major country, established markets provide measure for current UK developments. European and UK growth rates.
- UK market overview – background to recent growth in demand – market size by unit sales and value, drivers of growth.
- Product mix – comparison of ground source and air source heat pumps. Share mix by value 2011 - growth of ASHP.
- Forecasts of product mix 2011-2020.
- Analysis by sector – residential, industrial, commercial – share by sector 2011 and 2020, trends, mix of GSHP and ASHP in each sector - major changes in 2010/11 and forecast mix in 2020.
- Barriers to growth – electricity supply requirements, payback periods, installation, new build/replacement, performance, consumer awareness, space availability, comparisons with other renewables etc.
- Forecasts up to 2020 – alternative views, volumes from 2007-20, mix by GSHP/ASHP, key influencing factors. Forecasts of growth rates in residential, commercial and industrial sectors up to 2020.
- KEY MARKET INFLUENCES
- Housing market structure, UK dwelling stock, housing stock mix by age (2007/2050).
- Growth in proportion of owner-occupied housing.
- Government Incentives - Low Carbon Buildings Programme (LCBP). Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme, Feed-In-Tariffs (FIT’s), The Code for Sustainable Homes.
- Provision of financial support – impact of change in government - changes of FITs in December 2011.
- CLIMATE CHANGE ISSUES
- Strategies to combat climate change: the EU Renewable Energy Directive, the UK Renewable Energy Strategy, Code for Sustainable Homes, Warmer Homes Standard.
- Establishment of Renewable Energy Deployment programme.
- Overview of Renewable Energy market in UK – alternative options.
- SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE
- Key players – designers, suppliers, manufactures, installers.
- UK distribution structure – key routes to market.