The US Golf Participation Equipment Demand and ForecastKen Research
January 1, 2012
42 Pages - SKU: AMPS6769138
Additional InformationEXECUTIVE SUMMARY
North America accounts for the largest market for golf equipment and accessories. The US is the preferred destination for all types of businesses and leading in terms of trade. Country accounted for the highest percentage of global golf participation rate and retail sales of golf supplies. Recent macro economy changes affected the participation rate and forced to lower down future prediction of the industry as well.
There was a fall in number of golfers in 2010 by 3.32% to ~ million due to fall in number of core golfers by 3.60% from ~ million in 2009 to ~ million in 2010. During 2011, economy uncertainty, rising unemployment and bad weather conditions accounted for fall in golf course visitors and so as golf course revenues. Overall golf course visitors again fell 0.76% in 2011. In the US, the largest number of golfer’s come under the age group of 30-49 while slowly golf is gaining popularity among younger generation.
The present report on “The US Golf Participation Equipment Demand and Forecast” provides a detailed study on the US golf environment and future prospects for investors. The report has assessed the industry performance in terms of participation rate, equipments demand including industry trends/developments, macro economy environment and growth drivers in the study. Future forecasting aids to understand expected growth/fall in the demand and reasons behind change. The report also covers the profiles of major players in the market and their expansion strategies.
- By 2016, the US golf course revenues will grow at a CAGR 3.75% led by positive growth in golf facilities and operations.
- In 2009 consumer purchases of golf supply/equipment declined by 11.45% reaching USD ~ compared to USD ~ billion in 2008. Golf equipment revenues in 2010 witnessed 1.64% to USD ~ billion.
- In 2009 the sale of golf clubs in sets was USD ~ billion, -20.12% decline as compared to 2008. During the same period, sales of individual clubs (not sold in sets) declined 9% to USD ~ million and sales of Golf bags were USD ~ million.
- Golf balls retail sales increased in 2010 and 2011 at a low growth rate. During 2009, it has been observed that off-course specialty retailers profit margin also declined, led to reduction in retail stores by 6.90%
- The US import of golf balls reached USD ~ million and trade surplus reached USD ~ million.
- In 2011, golf clubs accounted for 30.60% of the US golf equipment market and further expected to grow 4.38% in 2013. The future growth is expected to be driven by recovering country’s financial condition, rising employment rate and government approval of establishing new golf facilities.
- From 2013 onwards investors can contribute in golf related real estate industry in order to benefit from the recovering demand. As of now, golf related construction industry is incurring losses but it is expected that by 2014 the industry will return to its growing trend.
- Hotels and golf resorts are expected to earn profits with rise in number of golf tournaments in the country and increase in tourist’s arrival.
- Low interest for golf apparel among aging golfers will continue while junior golfers will drive the demand.
- Green fee is expected to rise in public golf courses.
- Lack of enough water supplies will continue to be an area of concern.
More Golf reports by Ken Research
Global Golf Industry, Participation and Growth Forecast by Ken Research
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY Worldwide golf sport and equipments/supplies industry is highly fragmented with largest contribution coming from the US, Japan and some of the European ...
European Golf Industry - Present Performance and Future Outlook by Ken ResearchSee all reports like this >>
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY European golf market is developing with increasing number of golfers of all age groups offering opportunities for golf equipment and accessories retailers ...
More United States Golf reports
Golf Driving Ranges & Family Fun Centers in the US - Industry Risk Rating Report by IBISWorld
Industry Risk Ratings SynopsisThis Industry Risk Ratings report from IBISWorld evaluates the inherent risks associated with the Golf Driving Ranges & Family Fun Centers in ...
Golf Courses & Country Clubs in the US - Industry Risk Rating Report by IBISWorld
Industry Risk Ratings SynopsisThis Industry Risk Ratings report from IBISWorld evaluates the inherent risks associated with the Golf Courses & Country Clubs in the US ...
ATV, Golf Cart & Snowmobile Manufacturing in the US - Industry Risk Rating Report by IBISWorld
Industry Risk Ratings SynopsisThis Industry Risk Ratings report from IBISWorld evaluates the inherent risks associated with the ATV, Golf Cart & Snowmobile Manufacturing in the ...
Golf Courses by First Research, Inc.See all reports like this >>
Brief Excerpt from Industry Overview Chapter:Companies in this industry operate public and private golf courses. Major companies include ClubCorp and American Golf. The US golf ...
More United States reports
The 2013-2018 Outlook for Relish in the United States by Icon Group International, Inc.
This econometric study covers the latent demand outlook for relish across the states and cities of the United States. Latent demand (in millions of U.S. ...
The 2013-2018 Outlook for Indian Breads in the United States by Icon Group International, Inc.
This econometric study covers the latent demand outlook for Indian breads across the states and cities of the United States. Latent demand (in millions of ...
D&B Country RiskLine Report: The United States of America by Dun & Bradstreet Inc.
This D&B Country RiskLine Report will help you analyze the risks, opportunities and likely payment delays when doing business in this country. It includes ...
D&B Country Report: The United States of America by Dun & Bradstreet Inc.See all reports like this >>
D&B Country Report. Comprehensive information for evaluating risks and opportunities when trading or investing in this country. Providing critical information and analysis on ...
We can help you find what you need. Call us or write us:
Need help in your search?
- ATV, Golf Cart & Snowmobile Manufacturing in the US - Industry Risk Rating Report
- Golf Equipment Manufacturers (Global) - Industry Report
- The Golf Consumer - US - November 2012
- Global Golf Equipment Manufacturing Industry 2012-2017:Trend, Profit, and Forecast Analysis
- Sports & Leisure Equipment Retailing in Emerging Markets to 2015: Market Guide